WE NEED YOUR HELP
The entire Champaign County Freedom Celebration Committee is made up of volunteers. As such, we are constantly looking for volunteers to help out with our events. Some examples of volunteer opportunities are concessions workers, parade marshals, set-up/clean-up, etc. We are always looking for indivduals or organizations (scouts, church groups, etc.) to help out.
The Champaign County Freedom Celebration Committee is seeking volunteers to help us coordinate our local Independence Day festivities! Whether you can spend the day with us or only have a few hours to spare, we need your help!
- Help with the 5K race/walk
- Supervise parade units as a parade marshal
- Serve food and beverages to our volunteers
- Pick up route debris after the parade
- Set up chairs and tables at Seniors Tent
- Sell beverages at our concession stands
- Enforce street barricades throughout the day
- Direct parking lot traffic
- Other tasks are available...you choose!
Most of the volunteer opportunities have flexible hours. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator or fill out the Volunteer Signup Sheet using the link on the left.
We are also in search of volunteers to help out year-round on the committee. If you are interested in volunteering to help out with the event planning, please drop us a note at P.O. Box 452, Champaign, Illinois 61824 or e-mail our General Chairperson.